Saturday, November 1, 2014
Poster of the Week
Paid for by: Clinton·Gore '92
Little Rock, Arkansas
On Halloween eve, an even scarier date approaches - election day November 4.
This is one of the most imaginative U.S. campaign poster in the collection--and it really was paid for by the 1992 Clinton-Gore campaign. All the text is below. Please note how too many of the 22 year old slogans listed here haven't changed at all. Others are surprising.
If you thought the original was scary... Nightmare On Bush Street Part 2
Four More Years
Leaving theaters November 3
Trickle Down Terror!
The Trickle Down Terror Of Voodoo Economics:
· See 35,000 Private Sector Jobs Fall Victim To Bush's Recession!
· Watch In Horror As Middle-Class Incomes Plummet $1,600!
· Duck Under Your Seat As The Debt Explodes To $4 Trillion!
· Experience The Worst Growth In Fifty Years!
Blood- Curdling! Bush's Bloodcurdling Broken Promises:
· Read His Lips As Bush Signs The Second Largest Tax Increase In History!
· Gasp As The Environmental President Guts The Clean Air Act!
· Shudder As Dr. Bush Pulls The Plug On Health Care Reform!
· Tremble As The Education President Decapitates Head Start, Slashes Federal Education Funds, And Stalks Student Aid!
From The Producers Of "The Recession That Ate My Job"
Starring George Bush As The Man With A Thousand Faces
Also Starring Truth as the First Victim · Nightmare On Bush Street - Part 2
Executive Producer Ronald Reagan
Produced By James Baker
Directed By James Baker
Screenplay By James Baker
Based On A Story By Herbert Hoover
Best Boy Dan Quayl [sic.]
Gaffer Marlin Fitzwater
Filmed In Lack-O-Vision
Edited By the Far Right
Travel Arrangements By John Sununu
Stunts Coordinated By Richard Darman
Original Music By Pat Robertson and The Extremists
D Rated D for Dismal and Disappointing May Not Be Suitable For The Weak Pocketbook
Any similarity to real leadership is purely coincidental. [union bug]®
Same Old Line Cinema
· Iran-Contra Iraq-Gate State Gate Cable Television Bill RIP 10/3/92 Resurrected 10/5/92
· Emergency Unemployment Compensation RIP 10/11/91
· Family and Medical Leave RIP 9/22/92 Graveyard Vetos [sic.]
· Motor Voter Bill RIP 7/2/92
· Civil Rights Bill RIP 10/22/90
· Middle Class Tax Cut RIP 3/20/92
Paid for by Clinton-Gore '92